Disclaimer

Disclaimer: The thoughts presented in this blog are solely my own and are in no way the thoughts or beliefs of the Peace Corps or the United States Government.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Swear In

December 15, 2011, the G25 stage (training group) took the same oath as the United States President takes during his inauguration.  Not going to lie, I still think that is so cool.  Not only did we all look like rock stars in out matching pagne (African fabric) outfits but this was a televised event at the Ambassador's house.  I was chosen to give a speech in Gourmatcema.  At first I wrote the speech in French and my language professor translated it to Gourmatcema. By the time in was in Gourmatcema I really didn't know what I was saying but I practiced it enough times with him that it sounded pretty cool.  Apparently some people were even able to understand me because I was greeted in Gourmatcema one time on the street by someone who had seen me on TV.  Again, pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment